SwissHunt Woodpecker Cave Nesting box for native woodpeckers such as Great Spotted Woodpecker, Middle Spotted Woodpecker, Black Woodpecker, Green Woodpecker and others
Durable nest box made from hardwood plywood
- Very durable due to solid construction
- Solidly made approx. 2.2 kg heavy
- Easy to open/clean through the front opening
- Particularly suitable for woodpeckers thanks to the 60mm entry hole
- Easy to attach with 2 holes on the back
- Thanks to the smooth surface, it is safe for cats and martens
- Material rough inside for comfortable climbing inside
With this nesting box you offer our native woodpeckers a suitable shelter and a place to nest. Woodpecker holes are visited by woodpeckers all year round, even if the nesting and breeding season is between April and May. The nesting box is easily attached with two screws (holes are already drilled). Woodpeckers eat very large amounts of larvae and beetles, especially bark beetles. With this woodpecker cave you not only help the woodpecker but above all our local forest.
The durability of the nest box is about 10-15 years
16cm x 16cm x 47cm weight approx. 2.2kg
We recommend hanging the nest box at a height of about 2.5-3m, facing south, south-east or east. Note the preferred territories of woodpeckers:
• Black Woodpecker/ Great Spotted Woodpecker: Forest
• Green Woodpecker: open landscapes
• Wryneck: prefers meadow orchards.
• Middle Woodpecker: Extensive oak forests.